Makes 10 servings
- 4 lbs boneless lamb shoulder cut into 2" cubes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp ground white pepper
- 48 fl oz chicken stock
- 1 "Bouquet Garni" (1 sprig of thyme, 4 parsley stems, 1 bay leaf, 3 leek leaves - tied together with twine)
- 1 lb pearl onions, blanched and peeled
- 1 lb potatoes, diced large
- 8 oz celery, diced large
- 8 oz carrots, diced large
- 8 oz parsnips, diced large
- 8 oz turnips, diced large
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
<- Back to recipes
- Season the cubed lamp with salt and pepper, set aside
- Heat the stock to a simmer and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed.
- Place the lamb in a second pot and pour the heated stock over it.
- Return to a simmer, stirring from time to time to remove impurities,
- Simmer for an hour and add teh "Bouquet Garni" and vegetables.
- Continue to simmer until the lamb and vegetables are tender, about 35 - 45 minutes.
- Serve immediately or hold it hot for service. Garnish wih fresh parsley.