History

1946

Tom and Eva
Our company originally began in 1946 as Deering's Market located at 545 W. 11th Street in Traverse City, Michigan. This market was small and it specialized in meats. During the first weeks of business, sales averaged less than $500.00 a week.

1953

Tom's Store Front
In 1953, after several additions and remodels, the market name was changed to "Tom's."

1961

Tom's West Bay
In February 1961, Tom's West Bay was opened.

1968

14th Street Tom's
In July 1968, the 14th and Division location opened. That same year the original Deering's Market closed.

1983

Acme Tom's
In April 1983, the Acme market opened.

1986

Cherryland
In November 1986, the Cherryland market opened.

1993

Northport
In May 1993, the Northport market opened.

1994

Northport
In February 1994, the East Bay market opened.

2006

West Bay
In July 2006, the remodel of West Bay was completed.

2009

West Bay
In April 2009, the Interlochen Market Opened.
Locally Owned. Family Owned. Community Based.